Friday, September 4, 2009

Learning Curve

Unsurprisingly, the next two days didn't go as well as the first.

Unsurprisingly, because I got caught in the web and didn't get enough sleep on Wednesday night.

Unsurprisingly, because what goes up must come down. If every day was spectacular, then spectacular would be ordinary.

Unsurprisingly, because I have been distracted by other issues, and have not been paying full attention to the boys.

Nonetheless, we are all learning.

I am learning that although I can enlist the boys' help in my projects, there comes a point when they've had enough. Even if I am antsy to get something finished, completion can usually wait until the boys have had the attention they need and deserve. Of course, this is a lesson I suppose I will have to keep practicing.

I am learning that V won't take naps in the afternoon at home anymore. So, early afternoon is probably a good time for a bike (trailer) ride, or a walk (with stroller), or a field trip. At least he'll still sleep when he's strapped in.

I am learning that R & E - especially E, get antsy in the late morning. They need a snack and something active to do at that time.

R seems to be thriving - even these last two days when he hasn't been getting as much attention, homeschooling suits him.

E apparently needs something else, or something more. Perhaps it is only my distraction that has been a problem, but I'll have to keep an eye on him, to find out what we do right when we have a good day.

And what have the boys been learning? Among other things, how to make Jello.

No comments:

Post a Comment