Monday, September 27, 2010

ps.

I forgot to add;

Before we began our "Mommy-R" day, I brought down a stack of state quarters for R to place in our Kids coin collecting book. I pointed out how you can learn about the states by looking at the quarters and the facts in the book.

I told R that I had purchased a new timer - a digital version of a kitchen timer, which we had primarily been using to time how long we were playing games, but also for timing such tasks as emptying the dishwasher, getting dressed in the morning, or timing how long someone ELSE is playing games. Our old one broke from being well-used. When I told Remy I had obtained a new one for the family, I was pleased to hear "Thank you, Mommy", even though he was engaged with the quarters at the time, and I wasn't sure he had heard me.

No comments:

Post a Comment