Thursday, September 22, 2011

The mouse is 3 years old

One of the books we like to read at our house is "If you Give a Mouse a Cookie". I have become convinced that the mouse in the story must be three years old. My evidence is purely anecdotal, and purely personal.

Interaction between myself and V in one half hour today(maybe 15 minutes);

Me:do you want anymore oatmeal?

V:No, I'm full.

V: can airplanes drive?

Me: yes, they need to drive... (brief explanation)

V:let's do a puzzle

Me:I need to get a plnik (stuffed bagel) for your brother.

V:I want a plnik.

Me:(fixing two plniks)

V: (wiggling near table)

Me:do you need to poop?

V:I need to pee

Me:(following V outside and helping him with pants, so he can pee on a bush)

V:(after done with bush, seeing a ball)

V:yeah, they thought we needed another one. (referring to a previous conversation about a ball that mysteriously appeared in our yard)

Me:oh not that ball sweetheart. That is R's - I mean this one over here.

(I then notice our gate is open, look out for a second before closing.)

V: I want to go for a walk around the block.

Me: I thought you wanted to eat your plnik.

V:let's play bowling with this ball.

Me:do you want your plnik first?

V:oh, yeah.
(we go inside to eat.)

V: where's the cheese?
(I explain the cheese is melted inside the plnik. V has a few nibbles of it.)

V:(shows me a toy gate) what can this pull?

Me: (explain that it's a gate to go with the play fire station)

V:(nibbles some more)

V: why don't we have a house we can get outside in the basement and we have a door that goes to a porch?

Me:you mean like the lake house?

V:yeah. (eats another bite of plnik) where's the fire station?

Me:hmm, we'll have to look for it. (plays with toy gate like a car)

V: (playing with toy airplane) it's supposed to talk

Me:(explaining how to get the toy to make
a sound)

V:(plays with toy airplane for a minute)
V:(holding a small velvet bag) Mommy, where's the rocks that go in this?

Me:I don't know.

V: (playing with toy sword) I invented a guy that was evil named Watinyon. Let's be on a team to beat Watinyon. (and again)

Well, I guess I need to go be on a team. And when we defeat Watinyon, ... maybe he'll ask for a cookie.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment